*Honorable mention- Chrysler's FWD A-604 transmission ranks among the worst auto transmissions ever built! If not for the age of the design, it would rank at the top of our list.
5) RE5R05A- Nissan's new 5-speed RWD automatic transmission. TCM is located on valve body inside of transmission assembly. When mixed with inherent radiator cracking and contamination of the transmission control module, these transmissions can become a nightmare!
4) U series- Toyota began use of this model transmission in the early 2000s. Premature planetary pin failure and TCM problems in year specific RAV-4 models were common flaws. As a result Toyota was forced to extend their warranties on certain transmission assemblies.
3) CD4E- Known as Ford "bicycle design," this model is available in FWD and AWD. An internal filtering system and overall poor design leads to early repairs. Extensive R&R labor requirements and expensive replacement parts make this one of Ford's worst automatic transmissions.
2) Any Hondamatic transmission- 21st century Honda/Acura transmissions are the second worst auto transmission on the road for the following reasons: torque converter clutch fails, flaking clutches into internal filter, and increased labor requirements for newer 5-speed automatic transmissions.
And the winner is:
1) 5R55W- By far the worst automatic transmission on the road!!! Whether it be 2-wheel, 4-wheel, or all-wheel drive; Congratulations Explorer owners because you own the worst automatic transmission ever made.
Are you having transmission problems?
For affordable pricing on automatic and manual transmission repairs in the Delaware area, call All-Trans Transmissions Inc. (302)366-0104 or email us email@example.com